Saying that you are a homeowner can be such an exhilarating statement. Many people celebrate the day they can officially declare themselves as homeowners. Some of the joy is diminished when large repairs or purchases for your home are required for your home to stay functioning properly. Many times large home purchases are made re-actively, but sometimes you can be proactive about purchases as well. Our technicians here at NY NJ AC Connection can help you look at your air conditioning unit to see if it needs to be replaced or if you may want to consider replacing it before it is no longer able to be repaired.
AC Repair VS Replacement
Sometimes you have the luxury of being able to choose if you want to repair or replace your unit. If you find yourself in this position you may want to consider the following:
• Age of AC Unit – The age of your unit is something to be factored into your decision. Most air conditioning units will last 10 to 15 years. If your unit is more than 10 years old and the cost of the repair equals a third of the cost of a new system, it is typically a better financial decision to replace your air conditioning unit. You may be eligible for tax credits and incentives as well for replacing your older unit with a new one.
• Frequent AC Repairs – If you have had to repair your unit several times in the last few years, replacing your air conditioning unit might be your best option.
• AC Efficiency – Older units are not as efficient as newer air conditioning units. Your power bill could be higher than necessary due to the inefficiency of your unit. Upgrading to a newer unit could save you up to 40% on your power bill.
• Noisy AC – Your unit may be making lots of noise when it is running. Replacing your unit with a newer model will definitely cut down on the noise that your unit makes when it is operating.
If you have decided that it is time to replace your unit and you are not in a hurry you have some definite benefits that you will want to take advantage of.
• Off Season AC Replacement – Air conditioning companies are busiest during the hot summer months. If you need your unit replaced during their peak busy season you have to take whatever appointment is available and make it work for your schedule. During the off season you have the benefit of the technicians’ flexible schedule. You are more likely to be able to schedule your installation at a time that is convenient for you.
• Researching AC Units – If your air conditioning unit needs to be replaced immediately you do not have time to shop around and research the different units on the market. Proactively replacing your unit allows you the luxury of being able to research the different types of systems and select one that best fits the needs of your home.
• New AC Unit Discounts – In the fall and spring air conditioning companies may choose to discount their air conditioning units because they are not as busy. They may also be making room in their warehouse for newer models and discount older models to get them out of their warehouses.
Air Conditioner Replacement in Manhattan, New York
If reading this article is making you consider proactively replacing your unit, give NY NJ AC Connection a call and we can come out and talk to you about any questions that you may have. We would love to help you select the air conditioning unit that will be the best for your home. Contact us today!