With the arrival of the fall season, it is time to have your boiler or furnace tuned up. You may wonder if it is necessary to have a seasonal inspection and tune up of your heating systems. The answer is yes. Using the example of your vehicle, it requires an oil change every 300 miles. This will ensure proper maintenance of your vehicle will last longer and run better. Same with your boiler or furnace, they too require maintenance to run better and last longer.
Importance & Benefits of Furnace & Boiler Tune Ups
NY NJ AC Connection will cover some of the top reasons why you need to tune up your heating system this fall and help you understand why it is important to tune up your boiler as well.
1. If you leave your unit without proper service, you can invalidate your warranty. Some manufacturers with extended warranties can become void if the unit is not regularly maintained by a licensed HVAC professional. You may want to review the conditions of your warranty to know if this applies to your unit.
2. If you leave your boiler or furnace unchecked, this can lead to health and safety concerns. Most heating systems burn fossil fuels like natural gas, oil and propane. When they are burned they omit combustion gas. These omissions carry harmful gases such as carbon dioxide, methane, and even small amounts of sulfur dioxide. Your boiler or furnaces are designed to take these dangerous gases outside of your home or building. However there are some cases where the heat exchanger has cracked and leaked those harmful gases back inside the home or building. With regular tune-ups and inspections, licensed HVAC professionals will find those leaks and fix them before they become a health risk to those inside the building or homes.
3. Having your boiler and furnaces tuned-up before the winter season you decrease your chances of your furnace breaking down or cease working altogether. The winter season is also the holiday season. We have Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas or Hanukkah, and New Years, all during the coldest time of the year. These holidays usually consist of many family and friend gatherings and parties. This means your heating systems will work overtime. As people constantly walk in and out your door, the temperature will also be constantly dropping and warming back up. This brings in a lot of dust and dirt into your home that is being sucked into your HVAC system. This can result in HVAC unit failure.
4. Having your boiler and furnaces tuned-up will increase the longevity of your HVAC system. The Department of Energy declares that proper maintenance does extend the life of your HVAC unit and your furnaces. Not needing to replace your unit is a money saver. Some furnace replacements can prematurely cost from $3,000 to $10,000 if not regularly tuned-up and repaired as necessary.
5. Having your boiler and furnaces tuned-up will keep the cost of energy down. According to Energy Star.gov 46% of your monthly electric bill is from the use of your HVAC unit heating and cooling an average single family home of 3000 sq. feet. Keeping your HVAC unit inspected and tuned-up will help save on your utility bills.
Furnace & Boiler Heating Preventive Maintenance Tune Ups & Service in Manhattan, New York City
This is but a few of the reasons why you will want to have your heating system tuned-up this fall. You will find having your boiler or furnace tuned-up and running properly will aid you this coming winter. NY NJ AC Connection will provide a thorough service the next time you want your unit tuned-up this fall.