Essential to survive the warm and humid summer months, having an air conditioning system in New York home or business is essential. Most understand the basic concept of an air conditioner as it also helps remove the humidity from the air as well by removing the heat from the air and expelling it outdoors. Today, we at NY NJ AC Connection would like to list a few fun facts that surround air conditioners.
Fun & Interesting Air Conditioning Facts
– Prior to air conditioning units, architecture was originally used to help cool. Among others to keep cooler, buildings would need specific architectural features such as high ceilings and breezeways, before air conditioning.
– Air conditioning contributes to scientific advances. Medications, medical procedures, and other scientific experiments could not be possible without consistently cool environments.
Humans have become reliant on air conditioning. According to research, the human tolerance for heat has significantly drops before the time of air conditioning.
– A lot of energy is used for air conditioning in the U.S. We use the same amount of power for our air conditioning as Africa uses as whole every year in the United States.
– Cooling with ice power. Indicating the cooling power was measured in Ice Power when air conditioner united were first introduced, which was the equivalent of how many ice blocks would be needed to cool the area.
– Air conditioning was not first designed for people. Willis Carrier designed the air conditioner in 1902 to prevent the ink from sticking to the paper with the humidity increase during hot weather.
– Air Conditioning made ‘Summer Blockbusters’ popular. Among the first entities to integrate air conditioning technology were movie theaters. While watching films, summer movies become especially popular as people would have the opportunity to enjoy cool air. Hollywood took note of the rise in attendance and chose to release their biggest features on the summer, which created the popular term still used today ‘summer blockbuster’.
– Summer break from school. Because schools were too hot for learning in the summer, they took the time off from school, a modern tradition that stuck was the summer vacations.
– Equipping air conditioning in vehicles. The first equipped air-conditioned vehicle was made by Packard in the late 1930s.
– Installing air conditioning in the Oval Office. Costing 30,000 to install and done in 1929 following the stock market crash and at the beginning of the Great Depression, Herbert Hoover was the 1st president to experience air conditioning in the Oval office.
– The first fully air-conditioned home. In 1913 by Charles Gates an heir to the barbed wire fortune, the first house built with a fully air-conditioned feature was Minneapolis. As he has an untimely death on a hunting trip and never experienced the air conditioning as he died before the home was finished, misfortune struck, however.
Central Air Conditioning Maintenance, Repair, Replacement & More in Manhattan, New York
Call in the leading experts of NY NJ AC Connection and let our qualified experts do the rest when you are in need of quality repairs, maintenance, replacements and installation services, we are readily available to serve you.